Monday, February 16, 2009

43rd Post!!

In Pursuit of Happiness

Being humans we are just programmed not to be contented with what we have. When we are rich we strive for more money, and yada yada yada..Don't mean this as a racial slur (I am a Malay), but sometimes I do envy some of the Malays, as they are always happy with what they have. But I am just like any other human with the crappy nature of not being happy with what I have.

As time passes, I realised that the only way to be really happy is to actually take one day at a time..(its a personal opinion so feel free to disagree) By doing so, you actually learn to appreciate the amount of time you have in a day. I started doing this when I read the news some time back about one a young CEO or something..he was in the car with his driver going somewhere, went pass a construction yard some big ass rock fell on his car crushing him and only him as the rock fell on where he was sitting..nothing happened to the driver. (My deepest condolences to him)


Based on what I am saying I might seem like someone who don't look forward at all..it is NOT true, I do look forward but I try not to plan too many things ahead, I will wanna see myself become a manager one day, own a house in 4 years and I stop there. Reason being I don't even know if I will live pass the next hour, I might just die in my sleep or after I finish putting up this post. Life is so fragile, is it worth it to put so many things ahead of you and then one day you just expire and not get shit out of what you see yourself to be??



I got pass the 'study hard and be someone one day' stage, so it doesn't apply to me anymore..For me its all about being happy NOW, nothing is more important than NOW. I forfeited NOW for UNCERTAINTY OF THE FUTURE once and I swear on my life I will never ever do it again.



So let me ask YOU..is it really worth it to not be happy now because you feel there is something better for you sometime in the future and you are not sure when is your expiry??

1 comment:

hennwei said...

i actually work right next to the condos where he died.. my ex colleague showed me the spot where the rock fell and crushed his car and him.. o_o