Wednesday, October 15, 2008

21st Post!!

"You look familiar.."

Such a famous line that is dubbed a lame pick up line if a guy ever uses it on a girl. What if...WHAT IF...that person really REALLY looked familiar..what are you suppose to tell her??

Jan "I've seen you somewhere.."
Jan "You look familiar.."
OR
Jan "Do I look familiar to you??"

So what are you suppose to say in that kind of situation??

Yesterday, as I was eating dinner with another 2 friends. We bump into another friend, lets call her 'S' which was with a friend, we will call her 'L'. One of my friend lets call her 'V', told 'L' "you look familiar"

I turned to her and said "What is that some pick up line???"

We had a good laugh about it..but it seems fine that girls use it..and not guys..and 'V' really asked cause 'L' looked familiar.

I would have gotten my ass laughed at if I told 'L' the same thing...

So why is it so fucked up that a girl can use it and a guy cant?? why??????!?!?!

1 comment:

Tania said...

not a good idea because it can be interpreted in an infinite number of ways - if you don't look remotely familiar to her and she is 10000% certain she has never met you.. she might think that she looks so extremely ordinary and commonplace that you must have mistaken her for any random female on the street.

Recommendation: Confidently approach the target and say something like "your smile is too beautiful to forget. surely we've met before?"
that way you flatter her as well as put the control in her hands to decide if she wants to continue the conversation.